We are delighted to confirm that we will once again be running our massively popular Fantasy Premier League competition, in conjunction with our generous sponsors Brian James.
Last season almost 500 players fought it out for some fantastic prizes and we’re expecting even more entrants this time out.
The good news is that the league has simply been renewed from last year, so for last season’s participants all you have to do is visit the Fantasy Premier League website or app and pick your team. You will then be automatically entered into the Killarney Advertiser league, ‘Serie A-dvertiser’, for the coming campaign.
If this is your first time joining the league, you can sign up by going to ‘Create and join new leagues’ and entering the code ‘8ngtlx’.
Once again the competition is free to enter and there are some fantastic prizes on offer courtesy of Brian James. A €50 voucher will be awarded every month to the highest-scoring manager and the overall winner next May will collect the grand prize of a voucher for €250.
Speaking at the launch, Adam Moynihan of the Killarney Advertiser wished all of the players well.
“Best of luck to all of our participants this season,” he said. “The numbers have been rising every year and we’re happy to see that so many people are enjoying it.
“It wouldn’t be possible without the support of Brian James who have been with us since Day 1. To be able to offer such great prizes in a competition that’s free to enter is really cool and we’re very grateful for their continued support.”
BATTLE OF THE CLUBS
Adam also announced details of a new club league, which will pit the sports clubs of Killarney against each other in a fantasy battle for local bragging rights – and a very special prize.
To enter, clubs must nominate three players/members to represent them over the course of the 10-month season. Each player must represent his club for at least two months with the players’ personal points totals in their respective months accounting for their club’s overall score at the end of the season (full details below).
Clubs of all codes – soccer, GAA, rugby, basketball, rowing, athletics, golf etc. – are encouraged to join. Adam will be reaching out to players this coming week. If your club would like to participate in this free competition, contact email@example.com.
Fantasy Club League
- All local sports clubs are invited to participate
- Free to enter with a grand prize in May
- Each club nominates three of their own players/members to represent them over the course of the season
- One player represents their club at the beginning of the season. Each month, their personal points total is added to their club’s overall points total
- The player in control can change at any time but all three players must assume control for at least two months. Players may not assume control more than once, so when Player 1 is replaced they can not re-assume control
- e.g. Spa GAA nominate Mike McCarthy, Shane Cronin and Cian Tobin to represent them in the Fantasy Club League. All of these players must be in the Killarney Advertiser league for their score to be counted. Mike McCarthy represents Spa at the beginning of the season. His monthly points totals are added to Spa’s overall score until he is replaced by one of his teammates. It is up to the three players to decide when the changeovers occur. Changeovers can only take place at the beginning of a new month.
- The table will be updated every month and shared in the Killarney Advertiser
- The club with the most points at the end of the season wins the grand prize