McDonald’s Killarney to reopen for dine-in today with new safety measures in place
McDonald’s Killarney and also Manor West, Tralee will reopen their dine-in areas from today (Wednesday) with a range of new safety measures introduced which will see customers served via table service only.
This follows the successful reopening for takeaway, Drive Thru and delivery at McDonald’s restaurants nationwide over the last seven weeks.
Customers will be able to order directly to their table via the till or kiosk.
In line with Government guidance, McDonald’s will be asking customers that choose to eat-in to leave their contact details by using their smart phone to either scan a QR code taking them to a dedicated webpage or visiting that webpage directly with the URL details provided on each table.
Customers will be asked to leave the name of the lead member and the number of people within their group, a phone number, the date and time of visit and the restaurant number which is available on each table sticker.
Social distancing measures will also be in place and, to prevent congestion, the restaurant will carefully manage the number of customers inside.
When arriving, customers will be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided and follow the safety measures laid out in restaurants to help keep them, other customers and restaurant teams safe.
These measures are on top of the existing steps in place to help protect customers, employees and delivery partner couriers:
- Hand sanitiser at the entrance to every restaurant for couriers and dine-in and takeaway customers
- Clear floor-markings and signposting inside and outside restaurants to help enable social distancing
- Touchpoints including self-order screens, card readers and doors will be sanitised at least every 30 minutes
- Perspex screens have been installed in the kitchens, service areas and Drive Thru windows and additional protective equipment has been provided for restaurant teams, including disposable gloves for people in customer and courier facing positions and face coverings
- Fewer people on each shift
- Customers are asked to use contactless payment methods as much as possible
This is the latest phase of McDonald’s reopening plan which aims to expand the dine-in service to further restaurants over the coming weeks.
Customers can check if their local restaurant is open for dine-in by visiting the McDonald’s restaurant locator.