The organisers of K-FEST today (Friday) said that it is with deep regret that they must announce the cancellation of this year’s festival.
“Clearly this was not the course of action we hoped to take for this year’s event, and we held off as long as we could, hoping the situation would improve,” Penny Dahl from the K-FEST committee said.
“However, following the new Government measures announced earlier this week and our own belief that everyone’s health, safety, and well-being should be at the forefront of our festival, this is the appropriate decision.”
The cancellation of K-FEST 20/20 will no doubt come as a blow to all committee members, volunteers, artists and performers who have already worked so hard to make the event happen, she added.
“The festival and our artists are hugely disappointed, and we are sorry that some audiences will miss out on seeing these fantastic works.
“There will also inevitably be financial implications as a result of this cancellation, locally as well as for artists and performers, so we ask you to please continue to support the arts during this time. Commission works, buy works, purchase albums, show tickets and gift vouchers. When your town reopens, buy from and support local businesses,” she said.
“We hope to see you all back for K-FEST 2021, where we plan to come back stronger than ever, showcasing many of this year’s missed performances, plus lots of new artists and acts.
We very much hope that the situation in Ireland will significantly improve in the coming weeks. Until then, we send our love and support to all of you and your families. Stay safe, stay separate, stay creative.”