A local councillor has said it is time to bring in the Army in an effort to quell the on-going feud at a Killarney housing estate.

A bitter feud between Traveller families in the Ballyspillane estate took another nasty turn on Tuesday night when up 100 people where engaged in threatening and abusive behaviour.

Meanwhile two women were involved in a street brawl earlier during the week.

As a result one man and two women have been arrested as part of the Garda investigation in to an on-going feud at the Killarney Estate

A man has been arrested and charged under public order offences following another night of tension a Killarney estate.

The women are expected to face assault charges.

The feud is on-gong for over a year but Cllr Donal Grady says that enough is enough and it is time for the Army to be brought in to control the situation and for Kerry County Council to serve evection notices on the people living in local authority houses.

“It was serious a year ago, the time for huffing and puffing is over,” Cllr Grady told the Killarney Advertiser. “I am calling for the Army to brought in to restore peace in the area.”

Killarney Gardai confirmed that one male was arrested on Tuesday night. It is understood that the two women were arrested in the early hours of Thursday morning.

“During the early [Tuesday]evening a number of individuals were involved in a verbal exchange,” sergeant Dermot O’Connell told the Killarney Advertiser. “This escalated into groups, totalling about 100 individuals on the road side of the estate. They were jeering and shouting at one another but there were no assaults. One person was arrested for public order offences. He was brought to Killarney Garda station where he was charged and he will be brought before the courts.”

Gardai stayed at the scene until the early hours of Wednesday morning to ensure the situation did not kick-off again.

There has been on-going disputes between rival families in the area.

Last April an accelerant – described as something similar to a petrol bomb  – was thrown at the front door of a house.  The occupants of the house, who were sleeping at the time of the attack, managed to get out through the back of the house safely.

Two people were arrested in early May in relation to this attack.

“The investigation is on-going,” added O’Connell. “And the investigation will expand to these new complaints and we are actively going to bring more people before the courts.”

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com